About Me

My photo
Felixstowe, United Kingdom

Sunday, 3 August 2014

Challenge #9 for the UKScrappers Summer Scrapbooking Challenge

                         
Hello Everyone, I am excited to have a post today for a LO I created as part of the UKScrappers Summer Scrapbooking Challenge. Niki Rowland who is hosting the challenge invited me to play along and make a LO which contained an interactive element. You can find more details over at Niki's BLOG or at UKScrappers.

We are of course working on the theme of Summer for these Challenges, and to me that means bright colourful papers, and maybe the odd ice cream! I took the leap to use two papers I have been hoarding as they are two beautiful to use, these are from the Basic Grey Highline Collection and the Webster Pages Alison Kreft Collection.

I made a flap on my page and in turn created two LO's on one page. Both these photos are from the same day, but due to them being different orientations would not work easily on a page together.


I used the reverse of the flap to write one of the poems that always makes me think about the start of summer, and the lazy days you spend sitting around. The poem is by William H Davies

What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.
No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.
No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.
A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare

 I really love how it came out, and how I managed to get several photos on the page, but not lose the clustered elements I love so much.  I have made process video to show you how I made this LO from start to finish.


 Please go check out Niki's blog and UKScrappers for the other challenges that have been posted over the weekend (links above)

Thanks Nancy

2 comments:

  1. Loved the LO and this is a fave poem of mine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to have a post today for a LO I created as part of the UKScrappers Summer Scrapbooking Challenge. paper roses

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment