About Me

My photo
Felixstowe, United Kingdom

Sunday, 5 January 2014

Thirty LO Challenge

I was speaking to a scrappy friend the other day (wrightboysmum) who is coming towards the end of her Thirty layout challenge and it has inspired me to do a second run. I was thinking about doing 50 but I think that might be pushing it. The point is that I need to complete 30 layouts before I can buy anymore stash, the only thing I will be getting is my scraptastic monthly kit and bi-monthly Crafty Templates kit. I have a lot of stash and need to use it rather than just storing it.

I was at the first Crop of 2014 yesterday and made a start of this challenge. I even sold some bits of paper as well, so that all helps. I managed to get two layouts done I between eating and gossiping.

The first LO was one of my man while on holiday in America. This two years ago nearly so I really need to get my butt moving and get these photos scrapped. We were both very excited to find a Zoltar machine, as featured in the BIG movie, I had to take a photo.

I added lots of layers, these papers are all from the Flea Market collection by Maggie Holmes.

The next LO was another America photo, this of a disasterous evening at the comedy club. Again I used papers from the Flea Market collection.

I added some of the embellishments from my stash, the fabric yo-yos and twine from the Crafty Templates kit. I love all the textures on this page.

I will be updating you throughout the challenge the last time I did it is completed my Paris album so hopefully this will help make a dent in my photo stash.

Thanks for looking

X

 

8 comments:

  1. This is something I did a couple of times in 2012 and really helped to reduce stash mountain as my stash is know as. May have to do it again this year as getting over run again and I really didn't buy much last year. Only got 1 order from Summer CHA which was less than £30.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layouts! I think I might join in with this because I haven't got the room or the money for more stash at the moment and have so many photos to scrap :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it Jo!! I always love your LOs. Xx

      Delete
  3. Love the new blog look and the LOs. Fab layering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea...keep up the good work..love the LO...xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layouts Nancy, think I might have a go at the layouts challenge before buying more! My target would be 20 or maybe......10!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the new blog....I'm gonna change mine too! ....Eventually! lol Loving these LO's I really need to use my SC kits, I haven't used them in months :( maybe a 30 or 50 LO challenge would help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle you should do a LO challenge. I am aiming for 5 a week at the moment, although I might count project life pages too! X

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment