About Me

My photo
Felixstowe, United Kingdom

Thursday, 9 January 2014

LO 4/30 Scrapology Challenge LO

I have been scrapping again, funny how I am always motivated when I set myself a spending ban challenge. Today I have used a sketch from the Scrapology January challenge, I found this challenge while reading the lovely Sheena's blog. The challenge was to use buttons/flair on the LO and use the sketch as inspiration.

Here is the sketch.

I used lots of layers again and fussed a lot with trying to do a banner at the top, but it just did not look right for my style. I have really enjoyed using sketches as a jumping off point.

I used a variety of collection, the background paper is from the Studio Calico Print Shop collection and the others are various bits from the Maggie Holmes collections. Two of the flair are from the Scraptastic kits and one an old American Crafts one.

I have a pile of LO that I need to do the journaling on, then they can go in my album. Does anyone else wait and do the journaling all in one sitting?

I have uploaded a video share of these LO on YouTube, I love YouTube and the videos you can find on there. My username is KITTYSCRAPPER I am hoping to film some videos of my process, when I can work out how to set my camera up,but for now it is shares and old hauls. I know some people dislike haul videos but I love them and am not bragging in any way.

I hope to be back with more LOs soon, thanks for looking.

X

 

7 comments:

  1. love the layout Nancy, I'm going to start your challenge on Saturday or Friday if I get the chance, but my challenge is a lower total of 10......I'd like to do 20 really but hey ho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great layout. I'll have a look at YouTube tonight and I would definitely love to see a video of you going through your process! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great layout, love all the muted colours together. Thank you for joining us at Scrapology.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely layout Nancy. The banner works really well. Thank-you for joining in with our challenge.
    Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super layout, really love the soft tones.
    Thank you for entering our challenge at Scrapology.
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your interpretation of our sketch Nancy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment