About Me

My photo
Felixstowe, United Kingdom

Sunday, 7 July 2013

30 Layout Challenge

I thought I should pop on and show this blog of mine some love. I have been doing lots of scrapping recently so thought I would share.

 

A few weeks ago I was chatting with my friend @Pollyscraps on Instagram, we had both had a short out of our stash and decided that we were hoarding things too much and we needed to use them rather than just keep them to look at. We decided that we would make 30 layouts before we were allowed to buy anything new, she had her Studio Calico kits still, but I have just cancelled mine, but we had to use old stash on our layouts.

 

It was great fun to just scrap without really thinking about saving papers etc and just trying to use it up, the element of competition also helped me. We have picked up a couple of others who are also completing the challenge @michelleluvstigger and @ohmandee. Their are a couple of Facebook groups doing 50 layouts before you can buy new stash which I am tempted to try or I may complete this again in the future.

 

So here are the 30 Layouts that I completed, it took me 17 days and I completed my Paris album in the process. All theses pages still need the journaling added, but I have done that as I put them in my album.

 

 

I really enjoyed this challenge, and I thought I was going to go mad with my shopping, but realised that I onlyreally needed to stock up on embellishments rather than papers. I even resisted some bargains in TKMaxx last week, 12x12 crate paper pad for £7.99!!

 

I have received one of my lot of purchases and have another to come, I also need to stock up on a refill for my ATG gun as I go through a whole one making these LOs.

 

If anyone else wants to give this challenge a go then please join in, we are posting on Instagram, but you can do it on your blog too and let us know.

 

Thanks for looking

X

 

3 comments:

  1. Good idea Nancy, think I need to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an amazing job with your 30 layout challenge, not one of the layouts looks rushed. Well done for completing your Paris album x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love!
    Love how much of your hoard you have used and how you have made pretty layouts with it all :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment