About Me

My photo
Felixstowe, United Kingdom

Sunday, 30 December 2012

Bramford Challenge Catch Up

In my lack of posting I have missed posting the last couple of Bramford challenges.

First up is the hanging frame that we were given by Janina.  It was made of a paper-mache like board.  I decorated the frame very soon after getting it, but it then sat on my craft desk being ignored.  I then got around to decorating it but attacking it with some new supplies.

I used some Dylusion sprays and a couple of masks I had, I even got out some embossing powders to make the background.  I then uses some stamps to make the images and the flowers are from a die cut sheet from my stash, which I stamped over with a text stamp.  I am really pleased with the end result.

dec 069

dec 070

dec 071                       dec 072

The next challenge was one I set and it was to alter a light bulb, I had seen a few on the internet that were so lovely and its not like the Bramford girls don't like a challenge. I decided to make mine in to a person, I had ideas to attach it to a cloth body, but that is for another day.

dec 095

The first step was making loads of flowers from old book pages and of course then waiting for these to dry.  In the mean time I had covered the light bulb in tissue paper and then painted over it.  I also spray painted the metal fitting too.

dec 096

The flowers were then arranges on as hair and the face began to take shape.  I left it to all dry overnight before I tackled the face.  This was just painted on by hand and I am really pleased how it turned out.  If I do this again I think I will build the face up a bit more with tissue paper to avoid it looking like such as light bulb face.

dec 124

The next monthly challenge is a small tray, I need to go collect it from the caravan so I can get started on it!  Go check out the links in the sidebar to the other girls challenge pieces.

Thanks for Looking

x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy,Happy New Year
    where have you been ???
    great projects,love the light bulb,see you sat at bramford,puzzle time lol
    Janet x
    did you get my email about class ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these two projects are just wonderful Nancy! I love what you did with the light bulb, she is so cute and a great idea. Your circle frames are lovely and bright too! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment