About Me

My photo
Felixstowe, United Kingdom

Monday, 4 June 2012

Recent LO’s

Well although I have not blogged in a while, I have been busy scrapping and now have 3 albums on the go.

  • Document 2012
  • California 2012
  • Barcelona 2012

I have had a huge clear out of my stash and have donated most of it to a mate and  sold a few bits on ebay and at the local crop.  I have also ordered myself a Silhouette CAMEO, which should arrive in a few days, very excited about that. 

Since subscribing to Studio Calico and taking a couple of classes at twopeasinabucket (I won SassyScrapping Class on a blog hop) I have changed my style a bit.  It is still graphical, but I am using more layers and dimension and also being much more economical with my paper stash, especially the SC kits.My newer style is also meaning I am scrapping quicker, I am less worried about planning it all first, I stick bits down and layer over them.  I even was quicker at the crop this weekend and completed 3 LO apart from journaling.  I have a growing pile of LO’s for me to journal on and put away in there new albums.

Here are a few of my more recent LO’s, I am having a bit of a love affair with all the is aqua/turquoise at the moment and it shows!

phone june 012

phone june 020

This LO uses an old Rub-on that I found in my stash, the  effect against the Kraft cardstock is lovely.  I am now hunting through all my stash for more to play with.

phone june 051

As you can see I have had a bit of a run on scrapping square Instagram photos lately, I definately need to get some more printed at a smaller size, these are 5” x 5”.

phone june 053

Again I have used Rub-ons  in the background here to create a layer.  I also have not done a feature title on this LO, using the stamped words instead. 

phone june 054

phone june 057

On this LO I have used my Cricut to cut some shapes and a saying out, using the saying as a title.  I thought I should use it a bit before I decide if to sell it or not with the CAMEO on its way.

phone june 060

This LO was created using the latest SC kit.  I pulled apart the Heidi Swapp Memory File to use as the background piece, and I am glad I did as I now have so much more to play with.  The tile letter were HS colour magic ones, I coloured these with a mixture of Broken Chine DI and mists.

So as you can see I have been busy and started to make an indent on the large pile of photos, I am also using my stash more effectively and focusing more on the journaling.

I am looing forward to the arrival of my next SC kit as I order an add on kit this time, so must use the last one up before it arrives.  I will try and post more often so it is not so photo heavy next time.

Thanks for Looking.

x

3 comments:

  1. Hey Nancy! I follow you on Instgram (emma__jw) and have seen loads of sneak of these layouts, but just wanted to say that I LOVE all of the layouts you're making right now, just love your scrapping style :) They're all awesome. I've been taking Shimelle's Cover to Cover class and have been inspired to make albums for my holiday photos too, so hopefully I'll start making progress on my Crete and Florida albums soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layouts Nancy, I do like your new style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy and they are lovely! I like the less is more style with plenty of blank spaces too! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment