Well these past 2 months have gone really quickly and I have not got around to posting the last two challenge pieces I did with the Bramford Girls. May’s was an altered letter, I have misplaced the photos of that at the moment so will have to post that later.
June’s challenge was chosen by me, I picked some frames up from Michaels in California whilst there in January, of course these had nothing to do with our over weight case! I must admit I found this hard as I kept looking at it and was not sure if to paint it or what and then if to leave it for a photo to be put in or to decorate the middle.
Here is what I came up with in the end.
I made some swirl flowers fro some double sided patterned paper, these are my favourite way of making 3D flowers. The stamps all come from the Creative Expressions Vintage Sewing stamp set, it is my go to set for altered project as I love every single stamp.
Here are a couple of photos of me in the process of making the background. I used a hexagon stamp which I stamped on to a pile of scraps all in the same tone and cut out by hand. This was labour intensive, but I love the finial results.
I am really happy how it turned out and enjoyed altering it with ink sprays. Next months challenge is a Domino from Carol, and a challenge it will be!!
Thanks for Looking