About Me

My photo
Felixstowe, United Kingdom

Tuesday, 5 June 2012

Bramford Challenge- The Frame

Well these past 2 months have gone really quickly and I have not got around to posting the last two challenge pieces I did with the Bramford Girls.  May’s was an altered letter, I have misplaced the photos of that at the moment so will have to post that later.

June’s challenge was chosen by me, I picked some frames up from Michaels in California whilst there in January, of course these had nothing to do with our over weight case!  I must admit I found this hard as I kept looking at it and was not sure if to paint it or what and then if to leave it for a photo to be put in or to decorate the middle.

Here is what I came up with in the end.

phone june 025

phone june 023

I made some swirl flowers fro some double sided patterned paper, these are my favourite way of making 3D flowers.  The stamps all come from the Creative Expressions Vintage Sewing stamp set, it is my go to set for altered project as I love every single stamp.

phone june 024

Here are a couple of photos of me in the process of making the background.  I used a hexagon stamp which I stamped on to a pile of scraps all in the same tone and cut out by hand.  This was labour intensive, but I love the finial results.

may 027

may 028

I am really happy how it turned out and enjoyed altering  it with ink sprays.  Next months challenge is a Domino from Carol, and a challenge it will be!!

Thanks for Looking

X

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous piece nancy - looks fab sitting here on my desk xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. loveeee it nancy hexagons are so in at the mo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment