About Me

My photo
Felixstowe, United Kingdom

Monday, 23 April 2012

Studio Calico Sunday Sketch

As I mentioned in my past blog post after seeing all my lovely Instagram friends getting the Studio Calico kits, I decided to take the plunge and mine arrived on Friday.  I was checking out there blog for some inspiration to use the bits I was a bit perplex on how to use and saw they had a Sunday sketch challenge.  I thought I would take part as I seem to be on a roll with sketches at the moment.

Here is the sketch from the BLOG:

Tinasketch

Due to my love of Instagram on my Iphone, I have lots of Square photos I could use on this LO.  I went with a 5x5” square photo I took after my latest hair cut/colour.  I then got to work on the LO, taking the colour form the photos.  I used pieces from the kit, SC Memoir Collection and SC Abroad collection and some scraps from my basket, the alphas are October Afternoon and Pink Paislee.  I also found some Vintage buttons that I got from my mums a while back and my favourite Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type, I think I have 3 of this set in my stash!!Here is the finial LO, I am still to work out where to put the journaling.

photo (12)

Detail

photo (11)

I really am enjoying the gallery over at Studio Calico so much inspiration, got so many LO scribbled down in my book and looking forward to next months kit arriving.

Thanks for Looking

X

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for visiting my blog. I love your take on this week's sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment