About Me

My photo
Felixstowe, United Kingdom

Thursday, 19 April 2012

Shimelle Online Crop Weekend

This weekend just gone the lovely Shimelle had a online crop, with lots of challenges and also the launch of a new online class.  I have had this dreaded bug that is going around so was not up to doing any scrapping at the weekend, but I did make a note of the challenges to work through.

I have had enough energy this evening to complete a LO I started earlier in the week  and work on a new one too.  I am also trying to get my divider pages for February and March completed.

This LO was influenced by a previous Glitter Girl challenge (see twopeasinabucket.com) to make embellishments from paper,no pre-brought supplies.  I am a lover of rosettes, and I have a couple of dies, but these were made just scoring by hand.  I have found a few local ladies who get together and craft on a Monday evening, so I went along with minimal supplies , and hence the handmade embellishments.  I also used my Amy Tangerine stamps, I am still loving these, all supplies were American Crafts although different collections.

photo (3)

This is my new favourite LO, I loved this photo which I took last month and was looking forward to finding the right way to scrap it, and I am really happy with the results.

This next LO was inspired by a crop challenge to use the same photo twice.  I went for a very simple LO but kept up the layering which I am loving now.  The ink splodges were inspired but the print on the new Amy Tangerine Sketchbook collection papers.  I also am trying to use more of my growing stash of washi tape on LO’s.

photo (2)

I am hoping I will feel better by this weekend and can scrap and get things sorted for my holiday.  I am off to Barcelona with the Boyfriend for a week on the 28th April.  I need to keep up as no doubt there will be many many photos taken on that trip. I am also hoping my Studio Calico kit will arrive soon, I have joined there kit club so hopefully by the time I am back from my holiday and ready to scrap it will be here and the next one will be on its way.

Thanks for looking

Nancy

4 comments:

  1. this layout makes me all kinds of happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice layouts--I love the happy feet! And I have a growing stash of washi tape too. Shhhh...don't tell anyone!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancy,
    Hope your feeling better now,great layouts,like the way you have used washi tape.
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh studio calico kit club. Always thought of joining but wasn't sure how expensive it would be. Let me know if the kits are any good. Love the layouts and hope you have a good week away

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment