About Me

My photo
Felixstowe, United Kingdom

Sunday, 22 April 2012

Sarah’s Cards Blog Challenge & using my Scraps

I have brought a lot of stash from Sarah’s card lately, but I had not looked at there blog before this weekend.  I saw that they have a monthly Challenge, using a sketch and as I had a huge pile of scrap building up in my scraps basket, I decided to put the two things together and see what I could come up with.

This was the sketch:

Now I tried and tried to get a circle on my LO, I cut several out of different scraps, but could get nothing to work.  I think I like my graphic lines too much, I kept the placement of the other main elements and used a landscape picture which was larger than the 4x6 used on the sketch.  I then decided this was another LO to get inky on, I am using just watered down distress inks, Walnut Stain  on this one.

photo (4)

I used a photo of the man at Woodbridge on one of our recent walks, I decided to take the colours from the photo.  I have also used my favourite set of Amy Tangerine stamps, the chevron stamps is being a bit over used by me at the moment!!

photo (5) 

I even sneaked in a bit of the washi tape that was in this month Studio Calico kit that arrived on Friday.  I must admit that some of the bits will be a challenge to use, where other bits I can not wait to use.

I am going to keep checking out the blog and although a circle did not make it in to my LO this time, I have the 3 I cut up to use somewhere!!

Thanks for Looking

x

8 comments:

  1. Really love all the distressing and the colours you've used work so well with the photo. Well done on using up your scraps too! Fab layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch Nancy. I really like the little cluster in the top left. Thanks for joining in with our challenge this month.
    Tracy. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh fab page :) love the soft colours, inky splatters and you choice of papers! Lovely :) Thanks for playing along with us!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the beautiful subtle colours you have used. Gorgeous layout. Thank you for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this page. Thanks for visiting us and joining in :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I love the grungy feel to your page, and the subtle colours are just perfect for the photo. Fab little camera embellishments too! Thanks for playing along at Sarah's cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours and the distressing on your LO, it's just gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the inky splodges - fab layout, thanks for joining in.

    Vanessa :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment