About Me

My photo
Felixstowe, United Kingdom

Tuesday, 27 March 2012

Bramford Girls Challenge- The Children's Book

Its that time of the month again where I have to get my butt in gear for a challenge that I have been contemplating for a month, well this latest challenge I have had two months to think about it.  I started off keen and a month of doing nothing and I sprung into action yesterday to  complete it for the crop next month.

This is how is started (I had this book as a child so had to read it first!

iphone stuff 044

It then got to this stage:

iphone stuff 045

It sat like this for a month, I cut the frame in the pages and painted the whole thing white then, I was stuck.  We decided at the crop that we would make this piece for ourselves so it could be more personalised.

I kept looking at the blank book and just got no inspiration, until the other day when I was looking through some old photos and found my parents wedding photos.  It was then that I decided to use these photos and ideas began to form.  I used the colours from the wedding,  white and blue, and I got started.

frame 089

I used some old book pages to make the spiral roses, I have not used this technique much as it is to 3D for a scrapbook page but enjoy it on this.  I then created some tissue paper flowers that I learnt from fellow challenge girl Carol (link in sidebar).  Then it was just a matter of a few bits of decoration using dies cut out  on the BigShot from my growing stash and my beloved word stickers. I added some pearl gems on to the flowers to finish it off, I can not find my pin stash but do want to add a couple to the flower clusters.  I finished it off with the date, after a text to my mum to find out, I knew the year but not that day.

        frame 084frame 085frame 086

I am really pleased with how it turned out, I find altered art difficult as my scrapbooking is very graphic in style.  But this was meant to be a challenge, and it certainly was that!

The other girls normally post up on there blog so use the links in the sidebar to go check them out.  I am wondering what will be next in line for the challenge .

Thanks for Looking.

x

3 comments:

  1. wow nancy. Its fabby what you have done to your book,are you keeping it or are you giving it to your ma and pa. Unforunatley i won't get to see it in person as i'm camping the w/end of the bramford crop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy that is totally gorgeous - bet your Mum loves it...x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your book Nancy.
    pop over to my blog for next months challenge (think you'll like it LOL)
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment