This month was a wooden frame from Karen, it was nice to work on something a bit bigger this month. It took me a while to work out what I was going to do with it, I decided on a theme of Sewing, and dug out all the related stuff I had in my stash, I also used one of my new dies.
I started by sanding the frame down and applying a thin layer of grey acrylic paint, I then stamped over this with a polka dot stamp. I did not like that at all so I took a stamp from the Creative Expressions ‘Vintage Sewing’ kit and stamped all over the frame with Archival Coffee ink.
Whilst this was drying on some Kraft cardstock I stamped up some others of the stamps. I colour tinted these with Distress Inks. I then created a sheet of stamped papers in which to cut my new die from, I also colour tinted this.
My mum was having a sort out and was about to chuck away a load of old bits of vintage lace, she is a dressmaker. I quickly rescued these, and they have been sitting on my craft desk ever since. I decided to stick lace around the aperture in the frame.
I then cut out a selection of the stamps I had chosen and applied Rock Candy Stickles to some of the pieces. I finished the rosette flower off with a Jenni Bowlin button, and clustered these in the corner, adding some pins also from JB.
The centre of the frame is made using some beautiful Mulberry paper that my valentines gift was wrapped in. I cut out one of the hearts and did the fiddly thing of adding lace around the outside, which was not easy to stick at all. I then mounted this on the background and used one of the stamped quotes from the same packet of stamps.
I am really happy with the results, and am finding my feet with all this altered art. I am also happy I got to use one of my new dies as well. I hope the BG like it.
Thanks for Looking