About Me

My photo
Felixstowe, United Kingdom

Sunday, 19 February 2012

Bramford Girls Challenge–The cube

cube 1

Last month Carol challenged us with a child's wooden building blog to alter.  I must admit it stumped me a bit, but I decided to go with making individual inchies to decorate the sides. First things first though I painted my cube with white acrylic and distressed the edges with DI.

photo

I did not have any small stamps so decided to ink up some larger stamps and stamps on to some inchies and see what ones I liked.  I used a Tim stamp and a a couple of other random stamps I had in my collection.  One being a Mona Lisa face stamp which I have for about 10 years, I love anything with the Mona Lisa on and have a huge collection of bits.

photo (1)

I coloured the stamped designs in with Distress Ink and used a white pen to highlight this, I then mounted the inchies on to some more card.  I added gems and some Liquid Pearls on to the designs.

photo (2)

Once it was complete, I thought it looked a bit blank, I found some small square beads in my stash and added them on as legs.  I still thought it was a bit plain.  I used some chipboard to make some wings, I inked and stamped these and using glossy accents and willpower stuck them on.

I am really happy with the result.  I got Karen's in the draw and she had mine if I remember rightly, it always gets confusing when we do the draws.  Next month is a Frame from Karen and the month after a children's book from Janina, so thinking cap is full on.

Thanks for looking.

x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy,your cube is fabulous,love how you put the wings on it.
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colours on your cube Nance, loving those wings too - wish I'd seen it irl xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment