Monday, 27 February 2012
As I have previously mentioned on my blog I love patterned paper, I don't have a favourite manufacturer and it does not have to be new, I just love it. I have recently however got in to using more elements on my pages, be it stamps or diecuts and this is causing me to re-look at my style.
I have been addicted to Pinterest lately and have been pinning lots of layouts that I see and love and this has caused me to be a bit more experimental with my style. It still looks like my work and I am not trying to change the way I scrap just use my supplies more creatively. Which is silly really as I have so much paper and am using every last scrap!
Here are a couple of Layouts I created using inspiration from Pinterest and then one made using the scraps.
I am still not convinces about this LO, it is growing on me though. I am loving Grey at the moment, I think it is all these black and white photos I am scrapping. I need to add journaling to this piece still.
This LO was created using a sketch I found on Pinterest, I don’t normally work from sketches but needed a prompt. I am in love with my new Amy Tangerine stamps, especially the camera. I also used my new Dear Lizzy Flutterbys, I am waiting for some of her papers to come back into stock, they sold so quickly.
This LO was made using the scraps from the previous two, it was pretty quick to do and was really just using up the bits I had on my desk, I even used some of the October Afternoon stickers I have had in my stash for over a year.
I have a board on Pinterest which is for my scrapping follow this link, or the one in my sidebar, but be warned it is addictive. I have about 300 recipes I want to try out now and a hundred things I want to buy.
I am still waiting for some of the CHA papers to be released to add to my growing stash, but for now am enjoying rediscovering old stash.
Thanks for Looking
Friday, 24 February 2012
Another of my resolutions other than to blog more was to completed the Project 365, with the help of my Iphone. I did try doing this last year but missed a few days and then kind of lost track. I have set up a reminder on my phone now, so if nothing exciting is happening that day, I will just take a snap there and then.
January 2012 was of course exciting as I had my holiday for 2 weeks of it, most the other bits focus around work, which is where I spent most of my waking hours.
I am going to try and commit to blogging these as well, again another prompt to keep it up. Is anyone else doing this project?
Thanks for Looking
Thursday, 23 February 2012
This month was a wooden frame from Karen, it was nice to work on something a bit bigger this month. It took me a while to work out what I was going to do with it, I decided on a theme of Sewing, and dug out all the related stuff I had in my stash, I also used one of my new dies.
I started by sanding the frame down and applying a thin layer of grey acrylic paint, I then stamped over this with a polka dot stamp. I did not like that at all so I took a stamp from the Creative Expressions ‘Vintage Sewing’ kit and stamped all over the frame with Archival Coffee ink.
Whilst this was drying on some Kraft cardstock I stamped up some others of the stamps. I colour tinted these with Distress Inks. I then created a sheet of stamped papers in which to cut my new die from, I also colour tinted this.
My mum was having a sort out and was about to chuck away a load of old bits of vintage lace, she is a dressmaker. I quickly rescued these, and they have been sitting on my craft desk ever since. I decided to stick lace around the aperture in the frame.
I then cut out a selection of the stamps I had chosen and applied Rock Candy Stickles to some of the pieces. I finished the rosette flower off with a Jenni Bowlin button, and clustered these in the corner, adding some pins also from JB.
The centre of the frame is made using some beautiful Mulberry paper that my valentines gift was wrapped in. I cut out one of the hearts and did the fiddly thing of adding lace around the outside, which was not easy to stick at all. I then mounted this on the background and used one of the stamped quotes from the same packet of stamps.
I am really happy with the results, and am finding my feet with all this altered art. I am also happy I got to use one of my new dies as well. I hope the BG like it.
Thanks for Looking
Wednesday, 22 February 2012
I wrote early in January about the leather travel journal I was hoping to make, inspire by Kirsty Allsopp, to take to America with me.
Well I made it and it was carried around through out the holiday and is now bulging, I still have a few photos from my pogo printer to add to it. Annoyingly it got caught in the zip of m rucksack one day and had to be forcible removed!! It does have a battle scar, but it is just another memory of the trip.
Below is a few photos of the nearly complete journal, it mainly contains memorabilia and notes. I am not keen in including memorabilia on LO but this is a way to keep it.
Shameful chipped nail varnish!!
I am looking forward to getting started on the scrapping of all the photos from the holiday and will be doing a dedicated album, I treated myself to a few extra divided page protectors to help with keeping all the photos.
If you were wondering why the sudden flurry of blog posts, I have found Window Live Writer and am finding it so easy to blog and edit photos etc., it is making everything so much simpler.I often find Blogger makes things difficult! As I mentioned one of my resolutions was to blog more, and I am hoping this will make it easier.
Thanks for Looking
Tuesday, 21 February 2012
Well Valentines was a week ago and now I have given the gifts to the man I can share them here.
I decided to make a minibook, which contained some of the photos of us from our holiday and also early on in our relationship. I used a Maya Road mini book as the base and a variety of old papers from my stash. I also used some printable, but foe the life of me have no idea where on the net I got them from, but they are lovely. I also used a variety of stickers and stamps throughout, I really am trying to make an effort to use bits I have had in my stash for a while.
Sorry the photos are dark, but light is terrible this time of year, especially scrapping in the evening.
I also made a simple valentines card to go with it, I used some great stickers from Paperchase.
I also got a handmade card for valentine, my lovely man, Thomas, took the effort to go down to Paperchase and get a load of supplies and make me a card, I will make a crafter out of him yet. I also got the new Jason Statham Blu-Ray. To top all of this off I was taken on a mystery evening drive and ended up at a lovely spa hotel for an evening of fine dining and luxury. It was a lovely hotel called The Park Farm at Hethersett near Norwich. I was treated to a 3 course meal, and our hotel room had a big Jacuzzi bath, where I nearly flooded the bathroom with bubbles!! I was then treated to breakfast in bed, before packing up and heading back to work . I was treated like a princess and am a very lucky girl.
I really must start scrapping my 2012 album as so much has happened this year so far, I will never catch up!!.
Thanks for looking
Monday, 20 February 2012
I have seen these on a few peoples blogs I follow so decided to have a go, I always think they would make good journaling on a page, but never get around to it.
1. What time did you get up this morning? 6.45am
2. How do you like your steak? Medium , Rib-Eye’s my fav.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? The Muppets
4. What is your favourite TV show? Unforgettable, Ringer, The Mentalist, Person of Interest…I have too many!!
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? I am pretty settled where I am…anywhere near family and friends.
6. What did you have for breakfast? Ritz crackers and an apple
7. What is your favourite food? Chicken
8. Foods you dislike? Fish/Seafood due to my allergies and Olives
9. Favourite place to eat? Too many places I love a good pub meal
10. Favourite dressing? Ranch Dressing
11. What kind of vehicle do you drive? A lovely old 1997 Honda Civic
12. What are your favourite clothes? Jeans, layers vest tops and cardigans.
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? I would love to see more of America and also visit more of Europe
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? 1/2 full
15. Where would you want to retire? I love living by the sea now and can not see that changing.
16. Favourite time of day? Mid Morning
17. Where were you born? Ipswich, Suffolk
18. What is your favourite sport to watch? Basketball
19. What is your favourite fragrance? Super G by Harajuku Lovers
20. What is your favourite face cream? I use whatever is on offer really, I try to use it daily.
21. Favourite baby/kids products? Lego, It is also one of my current obsessions.
22. People watcher? Yes its a family tradition
23. Are you a morning or night person? Morning person, much to some peoples annoyance.
24. Do you have any pets? 1 Guinea Pig
25. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share? No just plodding along with life
26. What did you want to be when you were little? A Prison Officer
27. What is your favourite memory? I have lots, especially from my recent trip to America
28. Are you a cat or dog person? No real preference, not a big cat or dog person.
29. Are you married? No not met the right sucker yet!!
30. Always wear your seat belt? Yes
31. Been in a car accident? Yes
32. Any pet peeves? People reading over my shoulder or reading at the dinner table.
33. Favourite pizza toppings? BBQ Chicken or Spinach
34. Favourite flower? Bird of Paradise or Pink Gerberas
35. Favourite ice cream? Caramel, not a big ice cream fan though
36. Favourite fast food restaurant? KFC
37. How many times did you fail your driver’s test? I failed once before passing
38. From whom did you get your last email? Pintrest
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Any online craft store or clothes shops like Torrid and Evans
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? Maybe…!
41. Like your job? Yeah it is hard work and I have a lot of responsibility but I love it
42. Broccoli? I like it yes, if that is the question
43. What was your favourite vacation? Well of course California, my last destination or Lake Como in Italy, one of my favourite places in the world.
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? Thomas (the boyfriend)
45. What are you listening to right now? Radio 2 as always
46. What is your favourite colour? I have many, I am liking Red at the moment
47. How many tattoos do you have? 15 and counting
48. Coffee drinker? Yes, but I am trying to cut down
Sunday, 19 February 2012
Last month Carol challenged us with a child's wooden building blog to alter. I must admit it stumped me a bit, but I decided to go with making individual inchies to decorate the sides. First things first though I painted my cube with white acrylic and distressed the edges with DI.
I did not have any small stamps so decided to ink up some larger stamps and stamps on to some inchies and see what ones I liked. I used a Tim stamp and a a couple of other random stamps I had in my collection. One being a Mona Lisa face stamp which I have for about 10 years, I love anything with the Mona Lisa on and have a huge collection of bits.
I coloured the stamped designs in with Distress Ink and used a white pen to highlight this, I then mounted the inchies on to some more card. I added gems and some Liquid Pearls on to the designs.
Once it was complete, I thought it looked a bit blank, I found some small square beads in my stash and added them on as legs. I still thought it was a bit plain. I used some chipboard to make some wings, I inked and stamped these and using glossy accents and willpower stuck them on.
I am really happy with the result. I got Karen's in the draw and she had mine if I remember rightly, it always gets confusing when we do the draws. Next month is a Frame from Karen and the month after a children's book from Janina, so thinking cap is full on.
Thanks for looking.
Saturday, 18 February 2012
Hi all hope you are well, I have neglected my blog a bit since coming back from my holiday, but I will get back on to it…promise. Me and my boyfriend are planning another holiday in April so should have plenty to scrap this year!
I had such a lovely time in America and am looking forward to scrapping some of my 2000+ photos. I brought up some photo credits in the Photobox sale last week so have to just get myself organised and get them uploaded. Works out at 5p a print for 4x6 which is cheaper than I can print on my Kodak printer, I am sure I will print some larger sized photos out as well.
I am still working my way through photos from last year, I have been tackling some of my Whitby photos and trying a few different techniques, I have fallen in love with a few dies, thanks to Karen, so have treated myself to a few. So glad I was persuaded to get a BigShot.
I am really liking the combination of the b&w photos and the bright patterned papers, I really should use the b&w feature on my camera more.
I still need to add journaling to this piece, I am thinking of using more typed journaling this year, as especially for my holiday album I will have lots of information to fit in.
I am still loving the Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type, I have seen the new versions released at CHA and am looking forward to getting a few of them to add to my stash.
I am hoping to spend some of today playing with my new dies, I have the Bramford Girls challenge to complete for the next two month. I also need to clear out the remaining stuff in the storage unit I have. It has been a year since I have moved out of my flat with my ex fiancé and I now feel ready to tackle the remaining bits left from our 4 years of living together, it is hard but I am trying to be ruthless and get rid of lots of things, I will never lead a minimalist life but I feel I need to downsize a bit.
Thanks for looking and have a great weekend.